Monday, July 11, 2005

Confessions of an O.C.

Wow, this really sucks, man... You think being O.C. is fun? It's not. It makes you do things that you're really not required to do but you do it anyway coz you want to (and for us OCs, because we have to)...and if you don't do it, you'll keep on thinking about it and your mind does all these crazy things to you until you have no choice but to do it coz if you don't, your sanity's at stake, and you wouldn't want to gamble with that, would you? I can't remember how many times I’ve had to go back to my car (even if I’ve already walked a considerable distance from it) just to check if I’ve already locked the doors (even though at the back of my mind I know I did). This happened countless of times at the Sports Complex where I’d park my car & head for the elevator, and just when it's about to arrive, I get this sudden urge to head back to my car to check if I did lock it. Grrr...and it gets worse. At times there's only one elevator working & it takes forever for it to arrive & just when it does, my mind plays tricks on me & even if I try to control it, it almost always wins & the next thing I know is I’m heading back to my car just to check if it's locked then wait forever for the elevator to arrive...AGAIN!

Grrr...it really sucks man! Well, it doesn't end there. Whenever I’m inside the car (especially when I’m the one driving), I always check if I’ve already locked the doors by constantly checking (with my hands) if the lock is protruding (means it’s unlocked) or not. This happens infinite times whenever I’m driving, regardless if I’m driving to Laguna or to a neighbor’s house, count on me to check for the nth time if I’ve already locked the doors or not (although usually, after the first time that I’ve checked, I know that I’ve already locked the doors but I’ll check it again & again anyway even if in the back of my mind I know it’s locked, and it would only take spiritual intervention of sorts for it to unlock itself without me noticing). *SIGH!* The joys of OC living…it will actually drive you nuts! Don’t mention the numerous “To Do” lists that I’ve done with matching checkboxes for marking (anyone who’s watched the movie “All My Life” knows what I’m talking about…remember Kristine Hermosa’s character? I’m not that “OC-OC” but the scene where she was writing her “To Do” list really made me laugh…and then realize that…OH MY GOD! That’s me…L) Or the countless times in a day I’ve fixed the throw pillows on our couch just because the Chinese character prints on it are not “right-side” up (those who have been frequent visitors at our house probably know what i mean...). Or the numerous revisions I made to our thesis documentation just because of a simple wrong indentation; or just to check if all the fonts we used are the same; or if the format for font size was followed; or if the page numbers are correct & are in the right place or… (ok, I’ll end it here or else I’m gonna be ranting for eternity).

*SIGH!* The life of an OC…you really wouldn’t know what to do but accept it (or, if it’s too much to handle like Jack Nicholson’s character in “As Good As It Gets,” go to counseling). I just wish I wouldn’t end up like Bree Van de Kamp or else I wouldn’t know what to do with myself. But for now, I’m just gonna have to continue doing my “To Do” lists…continue fixing the throw pillows in the couch…continue on checking the doors of my car if it’s locked…continue editing & re-editing my Word documents…and all other stuffs that really don’t need meddling into but I meddle into it anyway JUST BECAUSE. Hopefully, I’ll get over this. If not, hopefully, it doesn’t get worse.

Well, we’ve come to the end of my blog. Now, allow me to bask in the glory of making a checkmark in my “To Do” list: FRIENDSTER BLOG FOR JULY 2005 à CHECKED! ü

No comments: