Friday, December 08, 2006

That Christmas Feeling

DECEMBER.

It ushers in the cold weather (although I can barely feel it), shorter days...and longer nights. It brings in the endless EDSA traffic...long queues at the mall...super-crowded-everywhere...aching minds as to what to give "who" and what will "who" like...and of course, that nerve-wracking budgeting that has to take place in order to be able to give everyone something and hoping that you did not miss out anyone. But despite all the craziness that comes with December is this warm feeling inside that just makes you feel like you're home. It's weird...I can't even describe it with words...I just know that December brings in a lot of happy feelings for my family and I. It's the time that we get together and see each other...make kulitan...videoke-singing-sessions 'til our voices are hoarse...just a lot of those little fun stuff that we do each year that makes every Christmas special. It's a perfect ending to a great year actually. That's why I can't wait to celebrate Christmas with the family this year...because I know that even for just a few hours, I get to de-stress and simply BE HAPPY.

No comments: