Sunday, December 28, 2008

Eyebrow-Raising Chuva

Talk about wrong timing. I've been growing my brows for a month or so now and just decided to have it plucked the other day, courtesy of Mommie Dearie, since I have plucking issues with the third-sex-of-the-salon-kind (a.k.a. badinger-Z's) who always seem to overpluck my sparse eyebrows (though I trust them a lot when it comes to cutting my hair Ü). The only eyebrow re-shaping that I liked so far was when I had my brows threaded (for the first time) at the World Trade Center during one of those beauty bazaars that they had before my college graduation. I liked the shape of my brows after the threading, though it was still a tad too thin for me, which my sister unfailingly noticed.

Since then (and after two eyebrow-shaping incidents involving the third-sex-of-the-salon-kind), I promised myself not to trust anyone else (well, except my Mom...and anything that the Style SOS ladies recommend Ü) with my precious and sparse eyebrows. So for years i've been plucking them just so it's got a decent shape that I wouldn't be embarrassed to show in the public. Until a month or two ago when my mom noticed my brows and had not-really-good remarks about them. That's when I decided to let them grow and let them be...for a while, at least...until it's grown as much hair as it can.

But of course, my brows didn't grow as much hair as I wanted to in the areas where I wanted hair to grow. And since I'm too lazy to go to Robinson's Galleria to check out the Suregrow Eyebrow Restorer recommended by a Style S.O.S. reader a few months back (the 27th of February to be exact...see this link for the article), I decided to end the battle with my brows and asked ever-trusted Mommie to pluck it for me.

And then I woke up this morning, picked-up the paper, and read an article about a newly-opened store at Serendra named Browhaus offering brow services to its customers (see this link for the article). Now...wasn't that just two days too late? Oh well...maybe God has His reasons for doing so. I'm guessing i'm gonna have to re-grow my brows once again...maybe actually buy and use that eyebrow restorer thingy at Galleria before heading out to Browhaus so they can contour my brows the professional way (not that I don't like how my mom shaped it now...it's just that I really find my eyebrows too sparse for my liking), which i've been wanting to do but never did coz the places i've read about who are *apparently* good at such services are in places that I'm not familiar with. At least this one's at Serendra, and i'm pretty sure I know how to get there in one piece.Ü And i'm sure this place wouldn't be featured in the paper if it wasn't any good. Browhaus, according to the article and their website, actually has branches in Singapore (where it originated...I think Ü) and Indonesia, and now in the Philippines at Serendra and Greenbelt 5 (according to the website).

So to those of you out there who are seeking professional eyebrow help, you can include Browhaus as one of the options to check out. I'm sure I will...in hopefully a few months time...and I promise to blog about it when I do (whether it's a good or bad experience for me...i'm hoping it would be the former Ü). TTFN! Happy Sunday, Everyone!Ü

No comments: